<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Steroids, etc. 

I just realized that it's been days since my last post. I apologize for that. I like to keep my blog fresh with posts going up at LEAST once per day, and preferably several times a day, but I guess there's been a lull in news this week. Beltran & Randy were officially introduced, but I really don't care much about the introductions.

MLB is going to announce a new steroid policy. Not many details yet, but we should know sometime today. But here is my BIG question: how do they define "steroids"? We all know that classic steroids are so old school, that a lot of the performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) are non-steroidal and are very hard to detect. Is this going to be a PED policy? Or is it just going to be a steroid policy? Hopefully the former rather than the latter. One sport that has a ton of drug testing is cycling. They test for almost everything. Too many red blood cells? Banned! Cold medicine? Banned! Horse meds? Banned! What I'd like to see is MLB take a hardline (with the help of the Players Union, of course) on ALL drugs that enhance performance. I'll try and comment more after the announcement, but I wanted to get my pre-announcement feelings down for the record.
# posted by shawn : 1/13/2005 11:32:00 AM -
Comments: Post a Comment