<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

A True Hero Passes Away 

When I found out that Superman (aka Christopher Reeve) passed away, I was very sad. But the more I think about it, the sadder I get. This drawing over at PvPOnline is perfect.

I am not a religous man. I don't (currently) associate myself with any religion. And I don't consider myself "someone of faith." But this is one of those few times in my life that I wish I did. I wish I believed in (a) God. One who looked down at Christopher Reeve and saw all the wonderful things that he did since his riding accident all those years ago. One who saw everything, saw all the pain and difficulty that he's been through, saw all the good that he has done, all the good that has sprung around him and all the good that has come into being because of him. One who saw all this and said, "Christopher, you have done enough. It is time to come home. Come to me, Christopher, and be whole once more."

For Superman's sake, I hope I'm wrong and he is someplace where he can, once again, fly.
# posted by shawn : 10/12/2004 05:02:00 PM -
Comments: Post a Comment