<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Friday, July 23, 2004

El Duque 

I have to admit that when the Yankees signed El Duque before the season started I was quite skeptical. I figured the Yanks didn't need yet another old starting pitcher who is ALREADY broken down, as opposed to our old pitchers who EVENTUALLY will be broken down.

Boy, was I wrong! El Duque has helped pull the Yankee's collective ass out of the fire with 3 good starts, especially last nights 7 scoreless innings with 10 strike outs. Apparently his fastball was faster this time out, too.

I'm not sure how long this will last, but I sure am appreciating it while it does. And on top of all the good starts he's providing, I'm betting that he is having a good influece on Contreras, too.

One thing, though. I'd like to know how old El Duque REALLY is. If he's 38, then I'm 24. And god knows I'm not 24.
# posted by shawn : 7/23/2004 07:44:00 AM -
Comments: Post a Comment