<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Sturtze and Bernie 

Now, I don't usually do mid-game updates. In fact, I don't think I've done more than 2 or 3 since I started. But here goes nothing!

Sturtze is through 2 innings, given up 2 hits and 1 BB and has 3 K's. Not a shappy start, and it doesn't hurt that he's been staked to a 5-0 lead.

Many bad things have been said in the past about Torre's lineups, especially with the whole Soriano-leading-off-thing. But I think he's finally gotten it right with putting Bernie in the leadoff spot. I know that batting order has very little influence on the final outcome of the game, but putting Bernie (.362 OBP) in the #1 slot instead of Jeter (.315 OBP) looks like the logical choice to me.
# posted by shawn : 6/16/2004 09:59:00 PM -
Comments: Post a Comment