<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Park Factor @ espn.com 

Have you all seen the Park Factor page at espn.com? This is the first time I've seen it. Maybe I'm a bit behind the times (I usually go to the baseball-reference.com stadium page like this one).

As you can see by the chart, Yankee Stadium is right smack dab in the middle of the pack when it comes to Park Factor. Of course, that doesn't mean that Yankee Stadium is neutral. For Runs Scored, Yankee Stadium ranks a 0.965, which means it favors the pitcher when it comes to runs scored. For home runs, the Stadium is about even (1.007).

Of course Coors Field & Arlington lead the league by far (1.645 & 1.497 respectively), and PETCO & Safeco are at the bottom of the pack for hitters (.769, .743).

As for other pages on espn.com that I've never seen before:
I hope you enjoy it.
# posted by shawn : 6/06/2004 04:48:00 PM -
Comments: Post a Comment