<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Thursday, March 25, 2004

OOTP & Fantasy baseball 

This season I am trying something new. I know I've mentioned it before, I've joined an OOTP league. For those of you who don't know, OOTP is a baseball simulation system where you control all the players, amateur drafting, free agent signing, trades, lineups, pitching staffs, and a whole bunch of other aspects of the game. If anyone is interested in learning more about it, you can go here to see our league (before free agent signings), or here to see our messageboards, or OOTP's home page to see the actual product that runs on your desktop (it's pretty damn slick).

The reason that I'm talking about this is because a couple of owners have just left the league, and our 2005 season is about to start (we play about 4-5 seasons every calendar year, so you really get to see your minor leaguers develop nicely over a short period of time). We are looking for a few interested people who would like to join our league. You can email me at sabernard@mindspring.com if any of you are interested. The teams that need new owners are actually pretty decent teams that are contenders (unlike my team which will take a couple seasons to salvage, but that is fun, too). So, please, email me.

And the other thing is that I've started a standard 5x5 fantasy baseball league that is FREE on Yahoo Sports. If anyone is interested in joining up, let me know, we still have some slots for that, too. OOTP will take up a little more time than the standard fantasy league.

I hope I hear from some people. Both leagues (especially the OOTP league) are going to be loads of fun. We are right in the middle of the amateur draft right now. Come on and join!!!
# posted by shawn : 3/25/2004 01:57:00 PM -
Comments: Post a Comment