<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Music Challenge 

I was over at the raindrops and I found this little exercise. Since I couldn't sleep this morning and I didn't have much to write about on the topic of baseball, I thought that I'd give it a whirl and see what comes up.

Step 1: Open your MP3 [CD] player.
Step 2: Put all of your music on random.
Step 3: Write down the first 20 songs it plays, no matter how embarrassing..

1. Can You Come Down With Us - Olivia Tremor Control
2. Blue Jean - David Bowie
3. Operators Are Standing By - They Might Be Giants
4. Ob-la-di - The Beatles
5. The Spiderbite Song - The Flaming Lips
6. All We Have is Now - The Flaming Lips
7. The Crystal Lake - The Sophtware Slump
8. Don't You Worry - Gorky's Zygotic Mynci
9. Let's Go Again - Telepopmusik
10. More In Me - Mates of State
11. Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D (Allegro) - Johann Sebastian Bach
12. Three Pieces from Violin Partita No. 1- Andres Segovia - Johann Sebastian Bach
13. Gentle Waves - Falling From Grace
14. Smoke and Mirrors - Magnetic Fields
15. Starmoonsun - Gorky's Zygotic Mynci
16. King of the Surf Guitar - Dick Dale & the Deltones
17. Waiting for an Angel - Ben Harper
18. We Suck Young Blood - Radiohead
19. Blaue Milch - Stereolab
20. Lookaround - Dressy Bessy

As you can see, I strongly lean to indie music. The only decent radio station here in Atlanta (besides NPR) is Georgia State University's radios station 88.5 - they play a large variety of music, but a lot of indie/college music.

If anyone else tries this, let me know, I'd love to see what everyone is listening to.

- Addendum -
JD over at redsdaily.com posted his list here.
# posted by shawn : 3/06/2004 07:53:00 AM -
Comments: Post a Comment