<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I can't believe it 

Now, I'm pretty proud of myself for using this blog only for its intended purpose: to talk about baseball, particularly the Yankees. I've avoided talking about politics, religion, or any of those other topics that this blog is NOT supposed to be about. But this insane article about nutrition that I found this morning made me stare in disbelief:
You have GOT to be shitting me!!! First of all, IT'S A CARTOON THAT MOCKS EVERYTHING IN MODERN SOCIETY!!! Second of all, read first of all again. Since when is The Simpsons supposed to set life examples for the general public. Now, I admit, I do admire Homer a bit for his do-nothing-get-everything philosophy, but in no way do I think following Homer's lead will allow me to become an astronaut or open a successful snow plow business. These guys at Rutgers have to get a life.

Or maybe this was just a ploy for the "researchers" to watch 63 episodes of The Simpsons on the university's dollar. If that's the case, then they are truly following in Homer's footsteps, and I applaude you.
# posted by shawn : 3/23/2004 09:12:00 AM -
Comments: Post a Comment