<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Stadium Names 

Jim Caple over at espn.com has a follow-up article to his corporate stadium name article he wrote a while back. This gives me a chance to let you all know of one of my (many) pet peeves.

As you readers may have noticed, I, for the most part, totally ignore all corporate stadium names. Giants Stadium. Padres Park. Rangers Field. These are some of the names that I'll be using in this blog. For one thing - I just can't keep up with all the corporate name switching that all these parks are going through. The other reason is I hate unnecessary advertising. That's another reason why I'm planning on moving from Blogspot - I hate advertising. So except for a few stadium names that might slip through (I'm betting on me mentioning Coors Field), I'll be making up my own stadium names this season, but rest assured, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about - moreso than if I referred to some johnny-come-lately corporate name like Scotch Tape Park or Memorex Memorial Stadium.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Oh yeah, and i finally got around to updating the Daily Top 10 List to the right. I'm back on schedule now and it'll be updated every day. Enjoy.
# posted by shawn : 2/25/2004 07:34:00 PM -
Comments: Post a Comment