<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Sunday, January 11, 2004

With Vlad to the Angels, will Pudge sign with the O's? 

Now that Vlad is all but signed with the Angels, rumor is the Pudge might be signing with the O's in order to give the O'sa fulltime super-catcher. No more subbing in your crappy backup catcher to give your tired, overworked superstar catcher a rest, now they'll have a super backup. Javy & Pudge would end up platooning at catcher and DH, thus allowing neither to get burnt out behind the plate and at the same time allowing neither of them to get sick of the DH spot. But we all know that Pudge was the O's first choice. And that he's a better backstop than Javy. Does anyone think that they'll let Javy catch half the games when Pudge is a better catcher? If I wre Javy, I'd be a bit pissed at this new development. But then again, it just might lengthen his career a bit, so who knows.

And, before I go, that above link is a Yahoo link of syndicated content from fanball.com. Now, I don't know much about fanball.com (if you do, I'd love to hear about your opinion of them), but they say on the little press release that Vlad will be "leaving arguably the worst hitter’s park in the majors." WHAT?!!??! The combination of Stade Olympique & Hiram Bithorn Stadium is probably the BEST place to hit. And according to Park Factor you can see here it was actually a better place to hit last season THAN COORS FIELD (118 vs. 112)!!! So I have no idea what those guys at fanball.com are smoking, but if someone could enlighten me to their comment, I'd love to hear from you. And better yet, if you could get someone at fanball.com to post a comment or email me, I'd love that even better. Thanks!
# posted by shawn : 1/11/2004 01:14:00 PM -
Comments: Post a Comment