<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Where have all the Rose fans gone? 

To paraphrase the great Pete Seeger:

Where have all the Rose fans gone?
Long time passing
Where have all the Rose fans gone?
Long time ago
Where have all the Rose fans gone?
The truth has picked them every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

Now that Rose admitted betting on baseball I've read and heard a lot about how he's just confirming everything that all of us - and I mean the realistic baseball fans - have known all this time: Pete Rose bet on baseball. No, he's still not contrite about it all, he's still not very humble over the whole thing - he's just doing this to try to get reinstated. I've also read and heard in several places the question, "I wonder what all those people who were rooting Pete on all these years, who have been standing in his corner adamantly refusing to accept that he ever bet on baseball, I wonder what those people are saying now?"

The funny thing is that I haven't heard word one from them. Maybe I missed an article somewhere or an interview or something, but I really haven't heard from any of them. I haven't heard anyone stand up and support Rose now like they were before he admitted to his baseball gambling.

As a well-known Rose hater (OK, "hate" is a strong word, like my mom always told me, but I still want to use it here), I'm hoping that they abandon him. He's been lying for years and years. Lying to everyone, but especially lying to those people that have been supporting him by denying his gambling on baseball. Well, hopefully this "new" piece of evidence will help shed some more light on Pete Rose the person for all those people.

Well, I've written one more post about Pete Rose then I told myself that I would. The next post will be about something a bit more interesting then Pete Rose, I promise.
# posted by shawn : 1/06/2004 10:02:00 AM -
Comments: Post a Comment