<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

More Padre news 

If you would have told me that I would have posted 3 consecutive blog entries about the Padres when I started this blog a week or so ago, I would have called you crazy, but here I am with my third installment of...

HOW THE KENDALL TURNS

Well, it turns out that I read Padres' GM Kevin Towers' mind when I commented,

because Kevin Towers was quoted as saying they couldn't pick up the extra $20M on Kendall's contract because,

It looks like the Padres are stuck with Cirillo as their "super-utility" man. I really hope, that means he's going to get minimal at-bats. Ramon Hernandez as their catcher isn't that bad a thing, as long as he plays closer to 2003's numbers and not 2002's numbers. Meanwhile, the Pirates keep Kendall languishing in his Pittsburgh hell - his surrounding cast is abominable.
# posted by shawn : 1/14/2004 12:12:00 PM -
Comments: Post a Comment