<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Greatest Game

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Juan to KC 

Looks like KC further improved their team today by signing Juan Gonzalez - another solid move by KCs management. I've been impressed by their activity this offseason, especially by not overpaying Ibañez and letting him walk. I'm not as big a fan of his as some are. Yeah, he's an OK player, but he's nothing really to get excited about. I'd much rather have Reggie Sanders or Juan Gonzalez for a season than Ibañez for 2 or 3. In this market, it seems pretty easy to pick up a solid outfielder pretty cheap. Yeah, Juan has had injury problems, but I think it's worth the risk to spend $4M this year (plus incentives that could up his total to about $6M) and possibly get a guy that plays all season with a .950 OPS or so and 40 HR and 120 RBI. He just needs to stay healthy.

I'm not sure who I pick for the AL Central yet, but I can tell you that I'd love to see KC win this year. And this coming from a Yankee fan! I never thought that I'd be rooting FOR KC - I still remember the days of the hated Royals and Georgie Brett, Willie Wilson, Hal McRae, UL Washington, and all the rest. Good luck this year, KC.
# posted by shawn : 1/06/2004 12:45:00 PM -
Comments: Post a Comment